Today I turned 27. I have no idea how that happened. I’m wrinkling, turning gray in the hair, and getting plump around the edges. I blame being a lawyer for all those things. And I can’t do anything to change them, as sad as that may be (well except I guess I could work out more….), so I have decided to challenge myself to do some things around our hous — things I can control. I figure I will try to do one thing each month, no matter how big or small, that I have been meaning to do for a long time. The hope is when I turn 28, twelve projects from now, I won’t be fatter, grayer, or more wrinkly, and that I will have a prettier house! So here’s my list (no comments on how pathetic I am to have to blog about this to hold myself accountable or how easy some of these tasks are that should have been accomplished months ago):
- Print some family pictures from Mexico and modge podge them onto canvas or wood or something!
- Buy barstools for our kitchen.
- Level the light in the kitchen (which you haven’t seen yet) and paint the ceiling where the old light was.
- Submit plans for a new patio.
- Pour new patio.
- Buy and hang curtains over our back doors (please send me suggestions…I can’t make up my mind!).
- Pick out fabric and upholster chairs from my grandmother (also need suggestions).
- Build a console table for our entryway.
- Make or hang some art in our office.
- Find a new light fixture for the eat-in-kitchen.
- Upholster a headboard for the master bedroom.
- Make/Buy and hang curtains in the master bedroom.
So there they are. If you don’t hear from me once a month with a progress report, please harrass me. I know I may fail at these, but seriously, life as a lawyer has a way of getting away from you. I will let you know how this goes.
How about you? Any challenges or to-do lists you are working on? Can I hire people to do these for me (or maybe just volunteer my mom or dad)?